Reliable and fast energy storage
Supercapacitors for DC applications
Eaton supercapacitors is a range of high-reliability, high-power, ultra-high-capacitance energy storage devices utilizing electrochemical double-layer capacitor (EDLC) construction combined with proprietary materials and processes. This combination of advanced technologies allows Eaton to offer a wide variety of capacitor solutions tailored to applications for back-up power, pulse power, and hybrid power systems. They can be applied as the sole energy storage or in combination with batteries to optimize cost, lifetime, and run time. System requirements can range from a few micro-amps to megawatts.
Eaton XLR modules
The Eaton XLR modules are self-contained energy storage devices comprised of 18 individual supercapacitor cells. The module includes bus bar connections, integrated cell voltage management circuitry, an overvoltage alarm, and a thermistor for measuring the internal temperature of the cells. Due to the very low equivalent series resistance (ESR) of the supercapacitors, minimal heat is generated during operation. Units may be connected in series to obtain higher operating voltage in parallel to provide higher current, high power, or longer run time, or a combination of series/parallel arrangements, as needed.
Why use Eaton supercapacitors?
Ultra-low ESR Ultra-low ESR Ultra-low ESR (Equivalent Series Resistance) provides high efficiency and high power.
Easy integration Industry standard housing for easy integration.
High power density Optimize system size and low operating costs.
Maintenance free No heavy metals, RoHS compliant, non-hazardous and maintenance free.
Heavy-duty housing Durable housing for high vibration, high current applications.
No C-rate type charge/discharge limitations …
Supercapacitor you can rely on!
- Long calendar life (up to 20 years) with high charge and discharge cycles (millions)
- Millions of charge and discharge cycles for the life of the application
- No replacement, nearly maintenance free and simple monitoring
- High power, high efficiency and low resistance
- Wide temperature range from -40 ⁰C up to +85 ⁰C
- Environmentally friendly with no heavy metals or industrial waste disposal
- Scalable with modular configuration
- Heavy duty metal housing for high vibration, high current applications
- IP65 environmental rating for high dust areas and water jet washable
- 51V, 188F, series connect to 750 V. Upgradeable as requirements grow
- Safe: no thermal runaway, no heavy metals, UL recognized.
- The supercapacitor back up power solution is available for all latest 3-phase Eaton UPS products and covers power ranges from 8 kW up to 7700 kW from seconds up to minutes
Series x Parallel
Applying supercapacitors in maritime DC power systems?
In onboard DC power systems there’s a need for fast charge and discharge of energy back into the microgrid. EATON Electronics’ supercapacitors can be applied as the sole energy storage or in combination with batteries to optimize cost and life time.
They can be applied as the sole energy storage or in combination with batteries to optimize cost, life time and run time.
EATON Electronics’ XLR range of supercapacitors are highly recommended for this specific application. Our experienced consultants are happy to advice you on choosing the right product suitable for your onboard power systems. KWx makes sure you will always meet you special electrical and mechanical specifications!